Do you sometimes feel like you have a lot to do but don’t know where to start from?
Periods such as the end of the month, end of the quarter, the year end, beginning of the year could really be stressful for employees, especially the ones in supervisory roles. You have to compile reports, prepare slides, hold meetings to access how your team has been doing, find new ways to do better because this is what the management expects of you.
How do you manage all of these including your daily job as a supervisor and as an employee under another line manager as well?
Here are some few ways:
- Make sure you know the dates of each meeting with the management where you have to submit each report you’re supposed to and work accordingly.
- Give yourself a stipulated time to do a task and make sure to finish within that stipulated time.
- Seek help. Some of your colleagues might offer to help, please let them. Do not let it get to the point where you would break down and then your competence may be questioned.
- If you have little tasks to do, please write them down to avoid forgetting them.
- Rest when you can. Refresh and rejuvenate. Then get back to work.
What's Your Reaction?
Ruth Chukwurah is a graduate of Linguistics from the University of Benin. Ruth has worked as a Social Media Manager and Web Content Creator for almost 3 years. She enjoys putting down her thoughts in words and sharing them with other people. Ruth’s mantra in life is to live and let live, don't judge when you haven't been in another person’s shoes. She is interested in music, movies, art and food.